8 Critical Reasons To Update Your Will Sooner Rather Than Later
It is very important that your Will is always current and up to date. Why? If the Coronavirus Pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that the future is unknown and preparation is key.
So, why should you update your Will?
There are a number of reasons why this important task should be a priority for you.
- If anyone in your Will has died (i.e. Executor or Beneficiary), they should be removed.
- If your financial position has changed.
- If you have changed your mind in relation to specific bequests and/or gifts.
- If you have since had a child or adopted a child and your family has changed.
- If your medical or health needs have changed.
- If you die without a will, then the relevant State legislation will determine how your estate should be distributed pursuant to the laws of intestate and this may not be in line with your wishes.
- If you are separated but not yet divorced, your former spouse could have a legal claim on your estate.
- If you re-marry, the marriage will automatically revoke your previous Will.
As can be seen from the above items, family law, in particular, is closely linked to Wills and Estates.
To update your Will or to discuss your family situation, please contact the team at James Noble Law and book an appointment today.
We have Qualified and Experienced Wills and Estates Lawyers at James Noble Law.
Find Brisbane family lawyers on Google Maps Near you now.
You may like to know more information about the
Tags: brisbane family lawyers, Diy Will Kit, family court portaal, Family Law, Family law act, family law act 1975, family lawyers, Problems while drafting a will, Update your will, why should you update your Will, wills and estate planning, wills and estates, wills and estates law, Wills And Estates Lawyers, Wills And Estates Lawyers Brisbane, wills and estates qld