Enacting Recovery Orders To Bring Back Your Kids by Parenting plan or Agreement.

What is a Parenting plan
27 Apr

Enacting Recovery Orders To Bring Back Your Kids by Parenting plan or Agreement.

What is a Parenting Plan?

best parentingA parenting plan is a plan which puts the best interests of the child first. It is your and your partner’s commitment to your children and their future. A parenting plan is a written agreement between parents under practical issues of parental responsibility.

What Happens if a Party breaks Parenting plan or arrangement and Does Not Return the Child?

If you are concerned that your child may not be returned to your care after spending time with the other parent, there are some simple things you can do to try and avoid this situation, or, make it easier for yourself to recover the child in the event this does occur.

Make Parenting Arrangements in Writing

If you have not yet agreed to a parenting plan with the other parent, or are awaiting mediation, you should try and make arrangements in writing which specify the date, time, and where changeovers will occur.

When putting this information in writing, not only does it become easier for the parties to follow, but it also provides concrete evidence in the event the other party does not comply with the original agreement.

This also has an added bonus of demonstrating to the Court that you have intentions of co-operating with the other party in the parenting plan of the child.

What Happens if the Child Is Withheld?

Parenting planIf there is an agreed parenting arrangement, or if the other party simply withholds the child from your care, you can then proceed with a Recovery Order. The Court does not look favourably on parties who unilaterally change the child’s living arrangements without the prior consent of the other party.

This is where written agreements and evidence can make this process easier. Depending on whether it is urgent recovery order qld, the process of returning the child to your care can take between one or two weeks.

Often times the mere filing of a Recovery Order is enough to make the other parent realise they are unnecessarily withholding the child and return them to your care.

However, if the child continues to be withheld from you, the Court has the power to make an Order which provides authority to the police to recover your child from the other party.

Importantly, cases that require police involvement are extremely rare and usually, the situation is defused before this occurs.

If you require any advice regarding the above information or seeking to apply or defend Recovery Orders, call us today to speak with one of our accredited family law specialist or email your query to reception@jamesnoblelaw.com.au

Watch Update on family law courts in QLD during COVID 19

If you need help on a Financial settlement issue, please contact the Brisbane Family lawyers team at James Noble Law today for a FREE, no-obligation 20-minute consultation. To schedule an appointment with one of our Qualified and experienced Family lawyers Brisbane.

Find Brisbane family lawyers on Google Maps near you.

You may also like to know more information about the

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Free 20 Minute Family Law Appointment

Thank You For Visiting James Noble Law. We're here to help, please don't hesitate to reach out and book a free 20-Minute Family Law Appointment or Seek a set-rate, low-fee initial advice today.